Subject: Re: [docbook] Eeeek! My Umlauts have vanished!

Hello there,

Solved part of the problem myself:

> <? xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

Suddenly, the programs don't like the spaces between the '<?' and the 'xml'.
This was _not_ a problem until now. Now I get this error:

file encoding and setting in stylesheet do not match:
frog.xml: ISO-8859-1
suse-html.dsl: suse-html.dsl:14:     ("content" "text/html; charset=UTF-8")))

Which I think means that SuSE fooled around with their configuration files
and broke something; the README doesn't mention anything, though.

If somebody happens to have a quick solution handy, I'd be grateful,
otherwise I'll go complain to SuSE.

Thanks again,
Y, Scot

--