Subject: Newbie question - what schema should I use?

    Hi there,

    I would like to use docbook as the format for the documentation in
several projects I'm working on now. The idea is having a set of related
documents, in a tree hierarchy, containing, among other things, the
requirements of the application specified as use cases. One of the
things I need in this documentation is to be able to link to other
documents, so I don't have duplicated and/or bloated specifications,
making the documentation more readable. So now the questions:

    I thought about using the simple docbook schema, as I don't need a
lot of the things that appear in the whole schema, but this schema
doesn't seem to support linking between documents. So what's the best
solution? Should I go for the whole schema? Or is there any way to link
between documents using the simple schema? (I forgot to mention... the
main output format will be html). Maybe instead of having a lot of small
documents I should have just a dockbook document for the whole
documentation set and generate from this several html documents with
links to each other? How can I achieve any of the above (I mean, what
tools should I use)?

    Thanks in advance, regards
    Jose