Subject: Re: [docbook] Internationalization

I don't know of any true "common practice" with this problem.  At my
last job, we worked with a translation company, and I'm not sure how
they managed it.  (From what I could deduce, I don't think they did
particularly well.  I heard them saying something about importing the
XML into RTF -- including tags -- and then using basic text comparison
functionality.)

I haven't ever used it, but the Borges project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/borges-dms/) is a content management
system aimed at solving exactly this sort of problem.  If you search the
list archives, you should be able to find some relevant information on
Borges.

Jeff Beal