Subject: Re: [docbook] IE barfing on dbpoolx.mod

I've queried IE behaviour like this in the past. The impression I got back was that it's a bug in the IE parser.

       ...edN

Steve Newland wrote:
I am using the O'Reilly dblite dtd, which references the 4.2 DocBook version as follows:

<!ENTITY % DocBookDTD PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
V4.1//EN"
                "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd">

When I use Internet Explorer 6.0 (with the most recent msxml3.msi package installed) to open an XML file that has an XSLT stylesheet reference, I get the following IE error:

     The XML page cannot be displayed
     Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and
     then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

     The character '>' was expected. Error processing resource
     'http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod'. Line 67...

     <!ENTITY % menuchoice.role.attrib "%role.attrib;"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,

steve newland
snewland@lgc.com