Subject: Re: [docbook] Prosposed changes to Programlisting

I do not find the idea of a "filecontent" element to be useful. It
feels too generic. For instance, not all files contain content that
should be processed as literallayout. Hell, not all files can even be
included in DocBook. I've recently been working with the XML
conformance test suites and having a hell of a time with files that
are deliberately broken by containing XML illegal characters such as
null.

I suspect perhaps something more specific is meant here, like
"textfile". I'd like to see a more careful elaboration of the use
cases before any changes were made.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu