Subject: Re: [docbook] non-breaking space instead of space in chapterheadings

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 17:04, Bob Stayton wrote:

> Is there some default setting in Apache that we should warn people about?

The default apache config that I got with Fedora sets the default
charset to ISO-8859-1. When the page is served, my browser (opera or
mozilla) ignores the the meta information in the html suggesting UTF-8.
I avoided the problem by creating a .htaccess file, specifying UTF-8
there, and configuring apache to allow the default to be overridden for
that directory.

I'd say it's worthwhile including a warning somewhere about it.

Brian