Subject: Re: [docbook] Title for refnamediv

----- Original Message -----
From: "ben" <nicolas.marsgui@libertysurf.fr>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 12:47 PM
Subject: [docbook] Title for refnamediv

> Hello,
>
> I have a little trouble with the refnamediv translation since it cannot
> contain a title. If the heading is fixed (such like "Name" or "NAME") it
> can be contradictory with the heading rendering specified by the title
> of refsynopsisdiv. Besides, why this specific refentry section doesn't
> have title?
>
> Is there a way to specify the title, or is it possible to add this
> element under refnamediv?

There are a couple of stylesheet parameters that can help you. When
'refentry.generate.name' is set to 1 (the default), then the title 'Name' is
generated using the gentext machinery. It comes from the common/en.xml (or
other language file) from this line:

<l:gentext key="RefName" text="Name"/>

If you want to change that title for all your refentries, then you can
customize that gentext string, using the methods described in my book
DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide.

The other parameter is 'refentry.generate.title', which is normally set to
zero. When it is set to 1 (and 'refentry.generate.name' set to zero), then
the title is taken from the refmeta/refentrytitle element, or from the first
refname element if there is no refentrytitle. Does that help?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net