Subject: Re: [docbook] Generating JSPs from Docbook/XSLT

Hi Alan

On Thu 2004-04-22 S. Alan Ezust wrote:
> Egad, this has been in the errata list of the w3c since 1999 but nobody
> reported the bug until now? Sheesh.

You didn't report it :)

Just in case you didn't know:

[...]
> Yes, I was using xsltproc.
[...]
> I'm sure there is a non-ugly way to do it that involves the
> namespace declaration of of the XSL stylesheet. Or pehrpas it's an
> xsltproc argument?

"
There are two public DocBook discussion lists to which you can
subscribe.

[...]

<docbook@lists.oasis-open.org> for general DocBook questions. These
include questions about the DTD or schemas, questions about the syntax
or semantics of elements, and general DocBook markup questions. Please
don't post questions about the stylesheets, formatting or processing
issues, or other application-specific questions to this list.

[...]

<docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org> for stylesheet and
application-related DocBook questions. This is the place to ask
questions about formatting or processing issues, stylesheets, and
other applications.
"

The most appropriate list for generic XSLT topics such as the topic of
this thread (how to output square brackets or real processing
instructions) would be

http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

but docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org would probably be OK as well.

> Is saxon7 the version you use with docbook?
>
> ----------- errors follow -----------------
>      [java] Warning: at xsl:param on line 220 of
> file:/usr/share/docbook-xsl/lib/lib.xsl:
>      [java]   Warning in {processing-instruction('')}:
>      [java]     No processing instruction will ever be named ''. Invalid QName
[...]
>      [java]   Less-than and greater-than comparisons between
> strings have
> changed since XPath 1.0
[...]

... and finally there's saxon-help: