Subject: HTML output aesthetics

I've just started using docbook XSL to convert an old SGML document I have
and all seems to be going well.  Bob Stayton's book at
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html has been an invaluable
reference so far.  I have a few questions about aesthetics however.  I've
checked the HTML reference [1] but cannot seem to see any options that do
as I desire.

The first relates to HTML output only, I don't really want "Next >" and
the horizontal line at the top of my TOC. I quite like the old style
where the book title was the first thing on the page.  Is it possible to
remove this somehow or am I going to have to modify the XSL stylesheets?

The second relates to all outputs, I have a qandaset but the spacing
between questions makes it difficult to distinguish amongst them.  Is it
possible to put a horizontal line or some form of spacing between them in
the output?

Yes, I admit it is quite ironic that in one place I want to remove a line
and in another I'd like them added!  My apologies if these questions are
common or simplistic.

David

1 -  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/