Subject: Re: [docbook] HTML output aesthetics

Btw., these questions are really more apropriate for the docbook-apps
list, which focuses on publishing docbook (rather than docbook markup):

For the first question, the parameters suppress.header.navigation and
header.rule let you control those things:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/rn08.html

You should be able to customize the qandaentry template from
qandaset.xsl in your customization layer for each output type. Something
like this (untested):

HTML:
<xsl:template match="qandaentry">
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
    <hr/>
</xsl:template>

FO:
<xsl:template match="qandaentry">
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
    <fo:leader leader-pattern="rule" rule-thickness="1.0pt"/>
</xsl:template>

Play with the attributes on the leader until you like it.
http://www.zvon.org/xxl/xslfoReference/Standard/slice6.html#fo_leader
http://www.zvon.org/HowTo/codes.php?query=leader&typ=elements&ns=any&order=localname

David