Subject: RE: [docbook] inserting general entities

This leads me to ask if there is an XML editor that is best with DocBook
since I going to be spending lots of time in it. Anything in particular that
you pros like to use? The cheaper the better (hence why I am using xmlspy
home edition) but if I need to pay to have something validate I will. Also,
what does "PI" mean in Jirka's statement?

Thanks,
René

Bob Stayton wrote:
> XML Spy is wrong.  I can validate with a system entity declaration in
> dbgenent.mod with two other validation tools, but when I use XML Spy 2004
> Release 4 (the latest version), it reports the entity as being undeclared.
> That's kind of surprising because that product has been around for awhile.

Yep, XML Spy is very feature rich, but unfortunatelly not always
conformant. It had several other problems with complex DocBook DTD in
past, it uses own PI called xmlspy to store some editor specific
settings, but PI names staring with "xml" are reserved by XML spec, ... :-(

					Jirka