Subject: Screenshot markup?

How do people usually do screenshot markup? I'm writing a user manual for a
piece of Windows software, and in my XML I have the following:

<para>
         lots of text
         <informalfigure float="1">
                 <screenshot>
                         <mediaobject>
                                 <imageobject>
                                         <imagedata
fileref="images/3-2.png" format="PNG"/>
                                 </imageobject>
                         </mediaobject>
                 </screenshot>
         <informalfigure>
</para>

That seems like overkill for a screenshot illustrating my text, and it
seems like there could be countless ways of doing basically the same thing.
My goal is to have a paragraph wrapping around an illustrative screenshot
to either side.

Any suggestions?

Joel Konkle-Parker

NASA Langley Research Center