Subject: Suggestions for a short ref section

I have the following structure for a section of documentation I'm working on:

<sect3>
     <title>Some part of the UI</title>
     <para>
         <image tags for a screenshot>
         Overall text describing the part.
     </para>
  </sect3>

I want to add a short reference section inside the <sect3>, kind of like below:

[button]
         This button does function A; It is used in this way.
[button]
         This button does function B; It is used in this other way.

Just by looking through the DB ref, I could either use a <glossary>
section, with each button being a term and the description being the
definition, or I could use a <refentry> section, although it felt to me
that the latter is designed for long page-length reference sections.

What do other people use for this kind of thing? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Joel Konkle-Parker

NASA Langley Research Center
Vehicle Analysis Branch