Subject: RE: [docbook] Page number and PDF issues

Adobe refers to that as "logical page numbering." You can set it up manually by opening the pdf in the full Acrobat (a commercial product) and using Document -> Number Pages, setting the desired options, and saving the pdf. I don't know if a DSSSL based tool chain could be made to automate that. I hope that someday fo renderers do: http://exslfo.sourceforge.net/requirements.html#logical-page-numbers

David