Subject: Re: [docbook] RFE #1084491 Add address, orgname, orgdiv to corpauthor, corpcredit, ...

Le 2005-01-18 19:15 (mardi), Norman Walsh a écrit /
On 2005-01-18 19:15 (mardi), Norman Walsh wrote :
> From the December minutes:
>
> |       1084491 Add address, orgname, orgdiv to corpauthor, corpcredit, etc.
>
> The problem is that corpauthor is mixed content and I wouldn't want to add
> address and friends to corpauthor directly.
>
> ACTION: Norm to think about how to extend corpauthor
>
> I took a look at what I've got in DocBook NG and I like the solution.
> Rather than adding those elements to corpauthor, corpcredit, etc.
> I've changed the content model of author, editor, and othercredit to:
>
>   One of:
>
>     * Zero or more of:
>           o address
>           o affiliation
>           o contrib
>           o email
>           o personblurb
>     * Zero or more of:
>           o address
>           o affiliation
>           o contrib
>           o email
>           o orgdiv
>     * orgname
>     * personname
>
> This allows the wrapping element to define the credit being given to
> the organization (orgname is the generic replacement for corp*) and provides
> a wrapper in which address, etc. can appear.
>
> How does that look to folks?

The proposed solution is interesting. Here below are
comments/modification suggestions based on our clients needs.

1. Providing a way to describe the name of a person author

   The following content model seems more appropriate to be able to
   describe for a person author with a name, affiliation and address.
   This structure doesn't complicate the content model, rather it
   simplifies it.

   One of:

     * Zero or more of:
           o personname
           o address
           o affiliation
           o contrib
           o email
           o personblurb
     * Zero or more of:
           o address
           o affiliation
           o contrib
           o email
           o orgdiv

2. Applying the content model to more elements

   In http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1084491&group_id=21935&atid=384107
   the following elements were mentioned:
     * corpauthor
     * corpcredit
     * contractsponsor
     * confsponsor

   Could the proposed solution also apply to contractsponsor and
   confsponsor?

3. About org vs orgdiv

   Would an organization author with an address always be an "orgiv"?

   For such an organization author (not a division ie the main body)
   for which one has to state the address, would it be possible to have
   something like:

     * Zero or more of:
           o address
           o affiliation
           o contrib
           o email
           o org
           o orgdiv

   This leads to discuss the relationship between the (new) org and
   (already existing) orgdiv elements. But I would like to have input on
   those proposals first.

Best regards,

--
Marc-Aurèle DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>