Subject: A complex case of profiling

I've read the excellent
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Profiling.html but I have a
profiling issue which, it seems, cannot be solved that way.

I have several binary (have / have not) conditions, which do not fit
in predefined attributes like "os" or "userlevel", so I use the
generic "condition" attribute.

These conditions are not mutually exclusive, an element can have two
of them. (I hesitate between concatenating the strings in the
"condition" attribute or nesting "phrase" elements.)

I believe it prevents me from using the techniques described in
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Profiling.html and that I should
develop my own XSLT stylesheet (or DOM script).

Here is an example:

If X is true and Y too, it must yield:

If both are false, it must yields nothing.

Also, conditions can be negated which I currently write:

<para condition="no_X">Oof.</para>