Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: About translating the Guide...

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:08:44 -0400
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> That is a hard question. The 5.0 guide is still subject to radical
> editorial change (i.e., hacking by yours truly). The older guide is
> more stable.
>
> I think the safest course is probably to translate the older guide.
> Most of the material there will still be valuable after the 5.0 guide
> comes out. And with a little luck, updating the translation won't be
> too hard (as much of the text will be the same and the biggest changes
> are likely to be deletions).
>
> But that's just a sort of gut reaction. Hope that helps.

This week I've translated a few thousands rows from the newer guide. So
I think I'll go forward. But translating the older guide will also be
possible...

Should I send you the translated files so that you may commit them to
the SourceForge CVS?

--
Luca Brivio

Web:		http://icebrook.altervista.org
Jabber:		lucab83@jabber.org

Diciamo no ai brevetti software in Europa! Perché?
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/it/m/intro/index.html

No software patents in EU! Why?
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/

PGP signature