Subject: Re: [docbook] RE: docbook website: left navigation wrapping-FIXED

Webmaster <Webmaster@comtrol.com> writes:

> After playing around all day trying to use divs, spans with margins, and ul
> lists with various css settings, I settled on using nested tables and
> modified the tocentry template.
>
> Now the left navigation bar wraps nicely underneath each parent's text (not
> image). I also still have the one based on ul lists (which was my second
> choice fix), but the words still wrap under the images which doesn't look as
> bad as they did wrappping all the way to the left.
>
> Does anyone want my changes?

You could submit them as a patch:

  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=21935&atid=373749

Category: DocBook XSL; Group: Website

Or, if you write your changes as a customization layer that
imports the standard stylesheets, I could check your customization
layer into the contrib/xsl area of the DocBook project CVS -

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/docbook/contrib/xsl/

But whatever your change does, I would guess that it could be done
using CSS instead of nested tables. At least if you are designing
for modern, standards-compliant browsers.

> I also plan to fix the documentation for website - it's a bit of a mess out
> of the box.  Is there a place to submit it? or has someone already done
> this?

You can submit it at the first URL above. Submitting it as a patch
is preferred. That is, do a diff between the original and your
updated version, and just submit that diff. Like this:

  diff -u old.xml new.xml > website-doc-patch.txt

smime.p7s