Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook 5 schedule, tool chains, etc?

Rich Morin wrote:

> Anyway, I'd like to know the most reasonable path for a DocBook
> newby to follow at this point.  Like, how soon will 5.0 be in a
> condition to be used?  What (Open Source) tool chains will be
> available for it.  Like that...

You can use DocBook 5.0 right now. It is not expected that there will be
big changes between current "PTO" release and official 5.0 release. You
can use current DocBook XSL stylesheets to process DocBook 5.0 content.
Only limitaion here is that some features of DocBook 5.0 like
annotations are not yet supported by stylesheets.

If all goes well DocBook TC will release "DocBook 5.0 HOW-TO" in October
or November. In this document you should find more verbose answers to
questions like yours.

   Nejbližší termíny školení: DocBook 5.-7.12. * XSL-FO 19.-20.12.
      XSLT 17.-20.10. * XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature