Subject: DovBook-based web-site

I'm rather proud of the new Kawa web site:
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/
What's most noteworthy of course is the navigation bar.
The design is optimized for Mozilla/Firefox, since it
makes use of some CSS features that Internet Explorer
doesn't handle, but my hope is it should degrade well
for other/older browsers.

The textual/reference content is written using GNU texinfo,
which is translated to DocBook using (the CVS version of)
GNU makeinfo, which is then translated to html using the
docbook-xsl stylesheets, with a bit of pre-/post-processing
in between.

Of course the design should work just as well skipping the
texinfo/makeinfo step - it's just that the Kawa manual is
written in texinfo, and there is little benefit in switching
to writing DocBook directly, as DocBook is more verbose and
tedious to write by hand than texinfo.

The scripts can be found by starting with the
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Makefile
--
	--Per Bothner