Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: Announce: DocBook V5.0b1

Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:

> > * Norman Walsh <aqj@ajnyfu.pbz> [2005-10-29 08:58:45 -0400]:
> >
> > [3] http://docbook.org/docs/howto/
>
> db4-upgrade.xsl appears to require that the input file contains a single
> element (or maybe this is a general XSL requirement?!):

It's an XML requirement. Well-formedness requires that each
document must have exactly one root element.

> $ xsltproc -o impext.xml5.cloak db4-upgrade.xsl impext.xml.cloak
> impext.xml.cloak:1734: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
> ^
> unable to parse impext.xml.cloak
>
> impext.xml contains 2 chapters, and the error is reported at the start
> of the second one.

I guess you should probably split it up into separate files, one
for each chapter.

> --
> Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
> <http://www.memri.org/> <http://pmw.org.il/> <http://www.savegushkatif.org>
> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/> <http://www.jihadwatch.org/>
> Even Windows doesn't suck, when you use Common Lisp

Would that Common Lisp were all it took to keep Windows from
sucking...

To borrow a phrase from Michael Elkins: I reckon it still sucks,
but it just sucks less.

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith