Subject: RE: [docbook] DocBook XSL 1.34 - Bug with passivetex

(This is more of a docbook-apps question.)

It is possible that it is worthwhile; it depends on your requirements.

Con: PassiveTeX is not being developed any more (as far as I know) and
active support for it has been dropped in DocBook XSL:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200509/msg00110.html.

Pro: There are people who do use PassiveTeX and manage to work around some
of the problems (including the one you refer to):
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200509/msg00032.html.

DocBook XSL v1.34 is rather old, but maybe you have good reasons to stick
with it.

/MJ