Subject: <simplesect> question

I tend to use simplesect quite a bit, I find it handy for providing a
little break between *untitled* beats.  Admittedly, I am engaged in
subverting Docbook for non-technical purposes.  Still, I can imagine
instances even in technical documentation where one may need to break
the text into two separate sections, albiet without a title.  So my
question is: Why are titles required in simplesect?  Is a section really
simple if it has its own title?

What I do now is simply use an empty title, and I'm not averse to
continuing this, I just thought I'd ask.

thanks,
Dalan Hurst