Subject: Re: [docbook] Adding new element to docbook DTD

Hi John,

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 01:40, John Dyer wrote:
> Hi, I would like to add a new element to docbook to allow for more
> control over conditional processing.  Here is an example of what I
> would like to do:
>
> [...]
> Am I on the right track here?  Is this even possible?  If there is a
> better way, I would like to hear about it.  If this is a possible
> solution, could someone help me fill in the blanks above?

After reading your mail it seems that your problem is better solved with
profiling. It's invented for conditional text/processing. The big
advantage is that you don't have to customize the DocBook DTD.

It's pretty simple, you just have to add attributes with appropriate
values. Another big advantage is that is already pretty well supported by
the DocBook stylesheets. For more information see [1] and [2].

Tom

------
[1]
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/tools/profiling.html