Subject: XML letter

Hi every body:
I am new to docbook, coming from long trip with tex and latex. Decided
to move ahead and learn about docbook with XML, in order to take
advantage of the extensibility.
The question now, how do I write letters in docbook ?? Where can I find
tutorials ?? I'm looking to generate a pdf document with header and
footer, How ??  Can anyone kindly point me. By the way, I'm using
docbook-utils on Fedora 4. Had hard time to generate a document with
docbook. So I will stick to this for now.