Subject: Re: [docbook] imagedata EMPTY

Bob Stayton wrote:
> OK, turns out this is a bug in the DTD version of DocBook 5.0, starting
> with b6 and included in b7.  I should have noticed that this content
> model looked bogus:
>
> "(info?,EMPTY)"

You know, I had thought of this; and had specifically looked to see if
that might be in the DTD. I don't know how I missed that.

> Could you please bug report this on the SourceForge site?

Done.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1537924&group_id=21935&atid=373747

In the RELAX NG schema we have:

     <define name="db.imagedata">
       <element name="imagedata">
         <a:documentation>Pointer to external image data</a:documentation>
         <ref name="db.imagedata.attlist"/>
         <ref name="db.imagedata.info"/>
         <empty/>
       </element>
     </define>

Perhaps the <empty/> element doesn't belong there, or perhaps the
converter is buggy in this case? I'm not a RELAX NG expert so I'm not
sure. The RELAX NG schema finds some mistakes the DTD doesn't, but it
doesn't seem to flag the imagedata elements, so perhaps the bug is in
the converter?

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!