Subject: Re: [docbook] targetdoc attribute of olink

I know this is naive coming from someone just starting to use olinks.
Please forgive me :-]

I was wondering if there could be a way to create a target.db that
contained information for all rendered output forms instead of
whatever the last output form was?

Perhaps this could be done via multiple trees in the target.db keyed
to major output type (fo, html, xhtml, etc) and the profile paramters
list?

If one document references another, it could point to the target.db of
the other document + a fragment identifier and the default (but
configurable) behavior of the stylesheet could create the hard link by
choosing the mode and profile closest to that of the document
presently being processed.

Then you could eliminate the target catalog and just use
"url/to/target.db#fragment".

What do you people think? Is it possible to create a target.db like that?

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/