Subject: Re: [docbook] HTML tables - missing XSL? table not informaltable?

What version of the DocBook stylesheets are you using?  This was fixed in version 1.70.1.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Julie
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 10:47 AM

Hello,

I’ve run into a snag with including HTML tables in docbook and was wondering if there are some solutions out there.  The last email that seems to appear in the mailing list about this is from 2005, making it outdated.  I am, however, experiencing the same issue today plus a few new ones.

http://www.sourceware.org/ml/docbook/2005-02/msg00100.html was the email I found.

The troubles we’re experiencing.

 1. colspan and rowspan are being ignored in informaltable tr’s

 2. table doesn’t render at all even though it validates but informaltable does

 4. setting borders or seperators on tr, td or th doesn’t seem possible even though CALS tables support borders

Current development environment:

      xml-dtd-4.5

      AntennaHouse XSL Formatter V4.0

      for HTML table includes using http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/htmlforms/1.2CR1/dbforms.dtd

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction,

Julie May

Castle Rock Research

http://www.castlerockresearch.com