Subject: Re: [docbook] Advice needed on annotating page breaks...

Stuart,

Before DocBook 5.0, the <beginpage> element was the one
to use.  But, <beginpage> didn't make it into 5.0 because
it caused some confusion (I think there were folks who
thought it was intended to define a page break for
downstream processors, which is not the case).

The DocBook 5.0 howto http://docbook.org/docs/howto/ suggests
that you use a processing instruction instead, so your idea of
using a processing instruction sounds to me like the way to go.

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
rlhamilton@frii.com