Subject: RE: [docbook] Add topic element to DocBook?

Way back in the tech hay days, our company went on a big information
mapping kick and now all of our documents have "blocks" as the base
level of structure. We are using <simplesect> as the blocking element
because blocks are atomic. Where does <topic> fit into this sort of
information chunking? Is a <topic> a block or is it a higher level of
structure?

> As for <tasktopic>, didn't someone say you would be able to
> specifiy a topic type? So why not <topic topictype=task>?

That seems like a much cleaner approach than the other suggestions.