Subject: Re: [docbook] Add topic element to DocBook?

On Friday 27 October 2006 14:07, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
> I suspect that the content-reuse/modular-authoring proponents
> would not be happy with Part, because like Chapter and Section, it
> implies some larger document or sequence.
>
> Or maybe it doesn't.

I can't see the problem with modularity. XInclude and XPointer enable
virtually any node to be included by reference in a document. That is
providing that it is valid to include at that position, not break the valid
rule.

Take this as a basic example:

<section>
 <title>Inter Account Transfer</title>
   <xi:include href="../mods/inter-account-transfer.xml" \
     xpointer="xpointer(//section)" \
     xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
	<xi:fallback>
		<para>FIX ME</para>
	</xi:fallback>
   </xi:include>
 </section>

Using the possabilities of XPointer provides an excellent solution for modular
docbook.

I have also just started experimenting with XQuery to assemble document
objects into complete documents. The possabilities are endless.

--
Ask me about the Monkey.

Sean Wheller
Technical Author