Subject: Re: [docbook] Add topic element to DocBook?

On Sunday 29 October 2006 13:17, Elliotte Harold wrote:
> OK. Let me stand up and say I *don't* want to support such documents in
> DocBook. Not that such documents aren't important, but they're different
>   enough from DocBook's domain that we cannot easily or comfortably
> support both in the same application. We'd have the Edsel problem:
> trying to be all things to all people and ending up being nothing to no
> one. DocBook's book-based design does not fit well with this. If that's
> what you need, there's DITA. We do not need one vocabulary to rule them
> all.

I agree with this.

Wouldn't it be far better to use either Docbook or DITA and then be able to
exchange between the two either by namespace or by stylesheets to convert
between them.

I thought that one of the ideas of RNG was that it would be easier to include
elements from other namespaces.

--
Ask me about the Monkey.

Sean Wheller