Subject: Re: [docbook] alternative topic proposal

But if topics (or sections or whatever non-block level element) were
the only types of elements that could be children of topicref (or
sectionref), then we end up without the ability to insert paragraphs
and other things at the ends of sections. Why loose a great capability
like that?

Also, most people seem to be talking about adding two or more elements
to docbook. Adding topicref (or sectionref) with the same content
model as section (besides the part that allows one to pull in content)
would only require one new element and would add more capabilities
than the other proposals (I think).