Subject: periodical in DocBook?

Folks,

I would like to re-propose periodical be added to DocBook with the
following requirements:

"A periodical is a collection of articles, the way a book is a
collection of chapters, to encapsulate documents released on a recurring
basis e.g., technical journals, newsletters, and more.

The element should be allowed in set to allow for archives or other
groupings of periodicals."

Previously, we (the DocBook TC) rejected the proposal (see
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384107&aid=1440204&group_id=21935)

With the advent of native-XML databases and XQuery, I think it would be
a very useful distinction to quickly narrow the content set being
searched (assuming you had a mix of book and periodical content in said
db). Additionally, there may be styling and rendering advantages with
the distinction.

I'd like to get specific requirements and usage examples before
submitting a new RFE. Please let me know your thoughts!

Would the distinction between book and periodical be useful?

If so, are there any additional requirements for a periodical that are
not quite met by the book model?

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott Hudson

begin:vcard
fn:Scott Hudson
n:Hudson;Scott
org:Flatirons Solutions
adr:Suite 200;;4747 Table Mesa Drive ;Boulder;CO;80305;USA
email;internet:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com
title:Consultant
tel;work:303-542-2146
tel;fax:303-544-0522