Subject: Combining Existing PDF File with Docbook Output

Is it possible to combine an existing PDF document with a PDF created
through the docbook toolchain?  I've got a technical manual that is
being run through the toolchain and output as PDF, but I'd like to
attach, as an appendix to the manual, some circuit diagrams that are
already in PDF.  The final result should be a combined PDF file, vice
linking between the two documents.  I can do this manually with the two
PDFs, but I would prefer to do it through the toolchain if possible.
I'm using Xalan and FOP 0.92 beta.

Thanks,
Dave