Subject: Re: [docbook] Combining Existing PDF File with Docbook Output

XEP (and probably FOP also) can include a PDF file if you use it via
<imagedata>. I suspect your problem is that your image (a full page
circuit diagram) is too large. If you'd like to stick with the current
DocBook toolchain (and I would recommend that), see if someone can
help you overcome the problem of putting in a large graphic.
Otherwise, use pdftk and script it to add the pages automatically.