Subject: please allow caption in CALS tables in DB 5

Why were captions removed from CALS tables in DB5 CR 1?

I have been using them for a few months now. I have mentioned them
several times on the DocBook-apps mailing list. AFAIK, no one said
anything to indicate this was an accidental change in DB 5. I even
submitted a "patch" to make them render correctly to SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1596778&group_id=21935&atid=373749

Here is a (fairly important, to me) document that I have been working
on for a long time that uses CALS tables with captions:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/mmade/web/samples

I have integrated this table type (since it supported captions and was
the original table type in DocBook) into my DocBook generation
software, MMADE:

http://code.google.com/p/mmade/

Please allow captions in CALS tables.

--