Subject: Line breaks and <literallayout>

Hi all,
I would like to have lines of text within a block of text without having to
use <para> tags around each line.

I referenced the mailing list entry
http://www.biglist.com/lists/dssslist/archives/199911/msg00099.html which
suggested the use of
<literllayout> tags. However, when I use these tags the HTML output does not
acknowledge the white space and line breaks and prints all text on one line.
However, In PDF output the line breaks and whitespace were maintained.

Thanks and regards
Chris