Subject: Re: [SPAM] [docbook] "xmlto pdf" command fails in TeX/LaTeX step ondebian system.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 03:26:19AM EST, Hinrich Aue wrote:
> I don't much about latex with docbook, but I think that using FOP is the
> better way.
> Did you try FOP?

Yes, this post was already rather verbose so I did not mention it.

I tried to install the "fop" debian package but couldn't.  It apparently
requires (some) java .. but the j2re packages are not "installable" on
my debian sarge system.  I've never quite understood what the problem is
with java on linux systems but they never seem to get along.

Thanks much for pointing me in the right direction.

cga