Subject: Re: [docbook] Alternate CSS stylesheets.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 05:41:23AM EST, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> cga2000 wrote:
>
> > Would anyone know whether I can use the same strategy to specify
> > alternate css stylesheets that I can switch to on the fly while browsing
> > the html document?
> >
> > Or do I need to specify the alternate CSS style sheets in the prolog of
> > each DocBook/XML document?
> >
> > At this point I modify the XSL fragment above and regenerate the html
> > documents every time I want to switch style sheets, which is slow and
> > error-prone.
>
> You can emit all necessary link elements by overriding user.head.content
>  template:
>
> <xsl:template name="user.head.content">
>   <link .../>
>   <link .../>
> </xsl:template>

I replaced my XSL fragment by:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:template name="user.head.content">
  <link href="walsh.css" title="walsh" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
  <link href="sgh.css" title="alt" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</xsl:template>

ran:

$ xmlto -vv -m ../xsl-dir/alt1.xsl -o ../html-dir/cheat html cheat.xml

And I get the following error:

Format script: /usr/share/xmlto/format/docbook/html
Convert to HTML (with chunks)
Real stylesheet: http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl
xmllint >/dev/null --xinclude --postvalid /home/gavron/devel/docbook/tests/xml-dir/cheat.xml
Stylesheet: /tmp/xmlto-xsl.ZgvmEr
xsltproc --nonet --xinclude \
 -o /tmp/xmlto.u4OQ5s/cheat.proc \
 /tmp/xmlto-xsl.ZgvmEr \
 /home/gavron/devel/docbook/tests/xml-dir/cheat.xml
/home/gavron/devel/docbook/tests/xml-dir/../xsl-dir/alt1.xsl:2: namespace error : Namespace prefix xsl on template is not defined
<xsl:template name="user.head.content">
                                      ^
compilation error: file /home/gavron/devel/docbook/tests/xml-dir/../xsl-dir/alt1.xsl line 2 element template
xsltParseStylesheetProcess : document is not a stylesheet
cp: cannot stat `*': No such file or directory

Does this mean that he's not finding the "user.head.content" template
on my system?

Could this be because I do not have this particular template installed
on my system, possibly because I'm running this on a system that's
fairly ancient?

The only html template I found on my system is

nwalsh/html/titlepage.templates.xsl.

Naturally, it could be just a syntax error in my coding.  I don't know
XSL so I'm just guessing.

Thanks,
cga