Subject: Re: Registered MIME type?

/ "Noah Slater" <nslater@gmail.com> was heard to say:
| The Docbook 5 specification [1] registers the
| "application/docbook+xml" MIME type.
|
| This MIME type has not yet been registered with IANA.
|
| Are there any plans to do so?

Yes. We're working on it. It turns out that a MIME type in the
application tree has to be registered with an RFC. I've started to
draft it and I'll look up the rest of the submission process after the
next TC meeting.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything should be made as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | simple as possible, but no simpler.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |