Subject: Announce: DocBook V5.0CR3

Hello world,

I published DocBook V5.0CR3[1] yesterday. Please continue testing and
submit[2] your bug reports. We're going to officially close the door
on feature requests on 20 Apr 2007.

The following RFEs have been accepted and incorporated into DocBook
V5.0CR3:

 1. RFE 1679775: Changed semantics of <termdef>. A <firstterm> is now
    required (instead of a <glossterm> as in previous releases). This
    allows the definition of one term to refer to another.

 2. RFE 1682917: Added pgwide attribute to <example>.

 3. RFE 1644553: Added label attribute to CALS and HTML tables.

 4. RFE 1588693: Added an <acknowledgements> element, peer to
    <dedication>, replacing <ackno> which had only been available at the
    end of <article>.

 5. After several months of consideration and experimentation, we decided
    to allow <info> in HTML tables.

 6. RFE 1673820: Adopted "http://docbook.org/xlink/role/olink"; as an XLink
    role (that is, the xlink:role attribute) value to identify OLinks
    expressed using XLink attributes.

Share and enjoy.

[1] http://docbook.org/xml/5.0CR3
[2] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=21935&atid=384107