Subject: RE: [docbook] Explicit tab and if-neccessary-pagebreaks?

Have you considered using a variable list (variablelist is the element
name).  The term element would be the file name and the listitem
contents describing it are indented under the file name.  The intent of
variable lists sounds very similar to what you are attempting to
represent.

Regards,

Larry Rowland

-----Original Message-----
From: Rock Lobster [mailto:email@christian-gleinser.de]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 2:46 AM
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks for your answer!Well you're right, indenting is indeed a
formatting
thing, but on the other hand, it's also got to do with structuring, so
it
would be very helpful sometimes.In my case, I've got an itemizedlist,
where
every listitem has a filename and below a description of what the file
does.
But it doesn't look very good, I would like the description to be
indented a
little bit.This is of course a typical "the whole paragraph is indented
except for the first line"-thing, but I don't know if the stylesheet
could
be configured to accomplish this.Another possibility would be to add
another
list for every listitem, but this would be totally abused and produce
too
much overhead, so I wouldn't want to use that.Thanks also for the
keep-together, in my case they are code examples, so I'll use the
example-tag!