Subject: Re: [docbook] should I use section or sect1, sect2, sect3 etc?

I usually recommend using nested <section>. It makes it easier to reuse
content in different contexts if you need to.

For example, the same section may be reused in multiple documents, but
one of your documents may add another sectioning level above that reuse.
If you use the hard-coded levels, you may not be allowed to use the
original sect2 inside the new document's sect3. If you consistently use
section, then you can nest them freely.

Best regards,

--Scott