Subject: Re: [docbook] should I use section or sect1, sect2, sect3 etc?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 01:56:26 -0700 (PDT), Rock Lobster
<email@christian-gleinser.de> wrote:

> I'm somehow confused on whether I should use nested <section> tags, or
> the
> "predefined" <sect1> to <sect5>.
> Are there any benefits in using the latter? Are there any reasons why one
> way should be avoided in certain situations?

Using <sect1>, etc. makes a document harder to maintain. You cannot move a
section at a higher or lower level, and it makes components less reusable
(because it implies a strict level in a document tree). BTW, by default
XXE uses <section> instead of <sectX>. The only benefits of explicit
section levels is maybe it makes parsing for conversion easier.

Regards,