Subject: DocBook/Relax question

First things first. This may be offtopic but I'm not sure...

A few days ago Dave Pawson posted his simplification of DocBook 5.
I've been playing with it.
Now, I'm pretty damn new to RELAX NG - I'm moving my skills over from
DTDs because my current employer wants to use DocBook 5.

I'm trying to work out if there is a way I re-enable elements in
DocBook itself. I have Mr Pawson's schema in dp.rnc and I'm doing
something like this:

include "dp.rnc" { "dp.rnc" {

start |= db.book | db.part | db .chapter
}

That works just fine.
However, if I do something like:

include "dp.rnc" {
start |= db.book | db.part | db .chapter
element bibliography {
db.bibliography.attlist,
db.bibliography.attlist,
db.bibliography.info,
db.all.blocks*,
(db.bibliodiv+ | (db.biblioentry | db.bibliomixed)+)
db.all.blocks*,
(db.bibliodiv+ | (db.biblioentry | db.bibliomixed)+)
(db.bibliodiv+ | (db.biblioentry | db.bibliomixed)+)
}
}

That is, I try to re-enable bibliographies, I get an error I don't
really understand:

conflicting ID-types for attribute "id" from namespace
"http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"; of element "bibliography"

(the error coming from Oxygen, btw).

I'm obviously doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't see what.

Am I just trying to go about this the wrong way or even doing
something dumb in the first place?

cheers

--
Nic Gibson