Subject: RE: [docbook] Rename firstname and surname?

Makes sense to me. After all, personal names are not unique to DocBook, and DocBook is used globally.

Personal names are actually immensely complex (as are postal addresses). Even without delving into epistemological investigations into rigid designators etc.

A glimpse of the complexity:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_name

Besides RDF-savy bloggers and librarians, the news industry also feels the need to address personal names in a globally applicable way. E.g. see this discussion:

kind regards
Peter Ring