Subject: Re: Rename firstname and surname?

/ Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com> was heard to say:
| I think xNAL defines it thusly:
|
| <!ELEMENT PersonName       (PrecedingTitle*, Title*, FirstName*,
| MiddleName*, LastNamePrefix?, LastName*, OtherName*, FormerName*,
| Alias*, GenerationIdentifier*, Suffix*, GeneralSuffix?)>
|
| If we are trying to align to an existing standard...

They seem to have slipped into the same cultural faux pas that we did
(I think we copied from Majour).

Does xNAL have any traction?

In any event, I don't think surname->lastname would be a step in
the right direction.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Extinction, n. The raw material
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | out of which theology created the
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | future state.--Ambrose Bierce

PGP signature