Subject: Docobook - How to display different profiling content in HTML output

Hi there,

I am using the build-in 'os' profiling attribute in Docbook to specify the target os in my documentation (windows or linux). It works great so far but my client asked me the following:
   1. generate an HTML file with all the "os" tagged content
   2. use different background colors to differentiate specific content for windows and linux

I do not really know how to implement 2. I looked at the stylesheets controlling the HTML output but could not find a central place to implement this change.

The only solution I find is to add a test on each template processing docbbok tags and add a "profile" attribute if needed. Then I can dynamically control the HTML presentation with some JavaScript magic... The XSLT code would look like this:

<xsl:variable name="has_profiling">
   <xsl:call-template name="has_profiling">
      < xsl:with-param name="node" select=" ."/>
   </xsl:call-template>
</
xsl:variable >

<xsl:if test="$has_profiling != 'no'">
   <xsl:attribute name="profile">
      < xsl:value-of select="$has_profiling"/>
   </xsl:attribute >
</xsl:if>

This will work but it is a durty hack... Any better idea?

Thanks,
Fabrice