Subject: RE: [docbook] Page References with Page Numbers

As Dave says, olink works and there's a very nice description
in Bob Stayton's book.

If your application is simpler; for example, if you only need
links to work after the xinclude process has pulled together
a complete document, you can get away with xref, provided that
you keep the ids unique across your files.

The caveat is that if you run the stylesheets on an individual
chapter that references outside itself, you'll get ??? in place
of your link.  But, if you only care about having the links work
after everything has been xincluded into your book, that shouldn't
be a problem.

For styling your cross references, Bob's book is once again the
place to go.  Check out the following section for details:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomXrefs.html

Hope that helps,
Dick Hamilton

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Olinking.html